VCCC is a $1 billion 130,000 sqm cancer centre and is purpose built for cancer research, treatment and care and will be the new location for Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre. The facility will include:
• 160 overnight inpatient cancer beds
• 42 bed intensive care unit
• 110 same day beds
• Clinical trials units with 24 treatment spaces
• 25,000m2 specialised research space
• 8 operating theatres
• 8 radiation therapy bunkers
• Education and training facilities
Modelling and Detailing prefabricated plant rooms and risers from design development through to manufacture drawings utilising Revit MEP.
Ibsecad were appointed to take the plant room and risers design drawings and incorporate and co-ordinate equipment size changes and to modify layouts to best suit the prefabrication and constructability requirements for the project.
Regular design/coordination team go to meetings and good communication ensured a steady flow of detailed mechanical shop drawings for construction.